Monday, July 29, 2013

It's been a long weekend

I was actually not very active (at least relatively speaking for myself) this past weekend. On Saturday morning I did get up in time to do a 7:30 AM run at Umstead with Lisa and Edward.  Lucky for me Lisa was feeling sluggish and she stuck with me and pulled me through the 5.5 mile loop around Company Mill. We finished in 1:08, so a few minutes ahead of my previous times!  It helps to run with her because I'm less likely to give up and start walking! 

I rested up for a bit and then went biking with John in Chapel Hill. We finally explored the Carolina North Forest, starting off on the school side and doing a very tiny bit of the airport side.  The school side was lot of climbing up and then going down and every trail followed the lines of the hills which is not the best design for trails since they tend to drain badly.  This is why CNF is closed all the time post-rain!  Overall, I thought it was okay but don't see a compelling reason to go bike there when I have so much wonderful singletrack right near my home.  At least I can say I've tried it and I will go back to ride the rest of the airport side at some point.  We quit after the school side because it started raining, ironically by the time we got back to the car it became sunny and bright but we decided lunch was more important than riding more!  And it was a very good lunch at this place called Buns.  I had the best hamburger there and the best sweet potato fries.  So Saturday I managed to do my run and get a bike ride in.

Sunday was all about yard work, first going over to New Light and doing trail maintenance on the singletrack there. Basically getting rid of the overgrowth on the trail and any extraneous little bushes that were growing and encroaching on the trail.  I think we only worked on about 1 mile of trail but we walked 1 mile to get to the trail and 1 mile back.  After that was over (3 hours), I went back home, had lunch and then got to mowing my lawn with my push mower. What's nice about using the push mower is: using my own power, no gas and getting to listen to my ipod music while I worked.  Although I still had energy after I was done, I just didn't feel like biking or running. I kept trying to talk myself into doing some weight lifting but that didn't happen. So I chalk this up to a relatively light weekend. 

Monday- is usually my rest day but since Sunday felt like a rest day, I went to the gym and worked on my lifting.  The only thing that sucked was that I had a massive headache even before I started lifting and pushing through some of the lifts actually made the headache worse.  I didn't want to bail on the lifts though:
Military press:
55 lbs 3 reps
60 lbs 3 reps
70 lbs 3 reps this was a struggle! I was a little disappointed because I felt rested but I guess I need to spend some time working on my presses. I'm going to incorporate some push presses and kettlebell presses to improve my press.
Full cleans:
67 lbs 3 reps
75 lbs 3 reps
80 lbs 3 reps, I think I could have done more but these were good and I think for the olympic lifts it's better if I work on the form and keep the reps low.
120 lbs 3 reps
140 lbs 3 reps
155 lbs 10 reps
The deadlifts felt pretty good even though my back was sore from the yard work. I feel pretty good about the way I started my week!  Happy lifting!


Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.